Thursday, July 20, 2006

WIP::week2


the fun is continuing as the boxes get stacked higher. i am finding it hard to pack knowing that i will not have access to many of the items for some time. take note of the many suitcases in the top photo, they are filled with most of my fabric and i wonder when i will get into them again.


this evening i decided it was time to pack my shoes. those who know me well know the numbers of shoes i have accumulated over the years. daniel even took it upon himself to make me what he deemed the 'shoeport'. the port runs longer than the length of our bed and is not big enough to hold all of them. so this evening i packed almost all of them away only keeping out running shoes, soccer shoes, flip-flops and a few flats...thats funny i am still unable to pack away about ten pairs of shoes will i truly get around to using them? it is like packing for a plane trip i always pack about two or three more books then needed or take two knitting projects and find that i never get to more than one.

another part of WIP this weekend will be to pick out some paint colors. we are going to be painting all rooms sooner then later along with ripping up the carpets. i am thinking the kitchen will be all white with an accent wall, in the dinning area, painted a robin egg blue. the idea is still being milled around but the same shade of blue will be repeated on one wall in the bathroom.
we will see how much work actually gets done this weekend. they are forecasting 107F for Saturday so we may be seeking shelter in a nice air-conditioned place.

6 comments:

me said...

Soccer shoes? Do you play? Those are a lot of shoes. We've moved too many times for me to keep too many. I like the idea of the robin's egg blue accent wall. Continued good luck with your packing.

LillieBug said...

Wow! You have been busy! I love the blues that you are considering for your walls. Reminds me of little Miss A.

Missed you at BBC the past few days! Have a great weekend and try to stay cool!

Anne Koski said...

Don't worry about those shoes - keep 'em! When we moved I overzealously tossed/donated items that I now wish I had kept.
Keep plugging away!

marianne said...

love that duck egg blue - used it for Charlotte's set of drawers and its so satisfying! I always pack too much - no point taking a half empty bag! Go the running shoes- glad to see they escaped the packing! And , yes I did make my wedding dress - my friend Carla and I drafted the pattern and made it during the uni break - still in the cupboard and I'm debating whether to cut it up and make something for each of the girlies with it....

Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

love the blues...hope you had a cool and productive weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love picking paint colours! So fun.

I had to giggle a little about packing too many books and knitting projects. I do that everysingle time.

I even run frantically around the house trying to find the yarn, or that particular needle size for some random project I haven't touched in 10 years. It makes me crazy.